Friday, February 17, 2012

A moment, forgotten...

DAY-7


I turned her down with a vehemence
snipped every chord of her heart
glued insistently to my own.
Rebuked her, repelled her
away from the field of my life;
who was she to claim my soul?

But why does her heart still beat with mine?
why do i see her tears in every rainfall?
why do i hear her laugh in the silent breeze?
why do her memories still haunt my dreams?

I left her love in a moment forgotten didn't I?
chose to be blind to all the joy she gave me
and just dwell on the recent bitter times...
Then why does my heart crave for a glimpse of her?
why these clenched fists when she's in the arms of another?
I had left her love in a moment forgotten afterall...
But...
Did I?



4 comments:

  1. Loved the whole poem :).
    The last para is written extremely well.
    Another mindblowing job Kirti :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bloggers!

    After a great success in creating a union of hindi bloggers and readers at "Hamarivani.com", we are introducing Bloggiri.com speacially for you. At Bloggiri, new readers will meet you, because your blog is simply "You"!

    So please visit us & submit your blog to be a part of our mission for a bright future of Indian Blogging.

    Team Bloggiri

    ReplyDelete

You read my thoughts. Would love it if you share yours :)